Rules and Regulations
Please Read Through Very Carefully
ALL TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES – REQUIRES A VALID PASSPORT
We at Trips R Us want to do everything possible to make sure our clients have a memborable experience. To assure this, we must have the appropriate staff to client ratio (MINIMUM 1:5) to meet everyone’s needs. Staff ratios are approximations and may vary accordingly to the needs and levels of the clients (as a whole.) We also rate the pace of our trips: 1 sun= slow-paced, 2 suns= typically paced, 3 suns= fast paced, if unsure which trip is appropriate for your client(s), please contact Trips R Us for more information. A Client Information Form and Seizure Sheet (if applicable) MUST be completed in its entirety prior to attending ANY programs/trips. Guardians/parents/house staff must disclose ANY and ALL information pertaining to the person(s) in their care in order for Trips R Us to assure everyone has a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience. Trips R Us is not responsible for any situation that may occur due to inadequate disclosure of pertinent information.
- A Consumer Information and Seizure Sheet (if applicable) MUST be completed in its entirety PRIOR to attending ANY programs/trips. Guardians/parents/house staff must disclose ANY and ALL information pertaining to the person(s) in their care in order for Trips R Us to assure everyone has a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience. Trips R Us is not responsible for any situation that may occur due to inadequate disclosure of pertinent information. This form will be mailed to you upon receiving a completed registration form.
- A client, who registers for a fast-paced trip, who should actually join a slower-paced trip runs the risk of being canceled prior to departure of trip or sent home early at his or her own expense with no refund. Many fast-paced trips require many hours of walking (at times) and clients should be able to walk comfortably at the pace of the group.
- Clients requiring complete and total care must provide their own personal care assistance , who will be charged a predetermined reduced cost to attend the trip.
- Conduct: Trips R Us reserves the right to expel any participant from a trip for any lawful reason, including, but not limited to violation of Trips R Us rules and regulations and conduct detrimental to him/herself, other participants, the general public, or Trips R Us agents or employee. Any expenses incurred by Trips R Us due to the expulsion of a participant, including, but not limited to, increased transportation, accommodation, and communication costs will be the responsibility of the participant and must be paid to Trips R Us.
- We are no longer able to transport in 15-passenger vans, individuals, who require the aid/use of adaptive equipment (e.g. walker, wheelchair). We are terribly sorry about this, but as always our main concern is the safety of our travelers traveling with us. At this time we do not have a wheelchair accessible van and would have to place the wheelchairs and walkers in the aisle/opening of the double doors in our van. We are no longer able to place anything in this area; as this is the only means for an exit/emergency exit for people traveling in the van. We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience in anyway and would be more than willing to discuss any alternatives you may suggest.
- Please know that Trips R Us reserves the right to cancel a trip due to lack of minimum enrollment. We will keep you updated on enrollment for trip; if there is a chance it will not run. We will give you as much notice as possible if a trip or program must be canceled and you will receive a complete refund, keep it as credit, or use it towards a different trip. Activities and Prices are subject to change due to any unforeseen circumstances that might cause a significant increase in price (i.e. gas, airline tickets.)
- Reserving your vacation: A deposit of $500.00 for all big trips is required. Payment plans are available for all trips over $500.00. Full payment must be received no later than 45 days prior to departure of our trip. For cruises we require full payment 75 days before the sailing date.
- Due to all the heightened security at the airports, all travelers must have a VALID photo ID. We suggest either a State ID Card issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles, and/or a valid passport. Trips R Us allows only one suitcase and one carry on (backpack, small gym bag) when arriving at the airport. We are not responsible for luggage, bags, backpacks, etc. if they are not properly labeled. Trips R Us is not responsible for a traveler missing a trip due to improper identification and documentation or being late or No-Show to their meeting spot, their flight, or activity. We will not offer refunds in these cases.
- Cancellation Policies: Trips cancelled must be in writing and received by:
*90 days prior to trip departure date = full refund minus ANY pre-purchased, non-refundable items such as airline tickets, cruise packages, etc.
*60 days prior to trip departure date = full refund minus ANY pre-purchased, non-refundable items such as airline tickets, cruise packages, etc. PLUS a $75. Processing fee.
*30 days prior to trip departure date = 50% refund of total trip cost minus ANY pre-purchased, non-refundable items such as airline tickets, cruise packages, etc. PLUS a $150. Processing fee.
*14 days prior and No Shows = No Refund Given
*Trips R Us will try to fill your spot with another traveler; if this is possible =fulll refund minus ANY fees charged=transfer charges, name changes, etc., PLUS $50. Processing fee.
- We strongly suggest Trip Cancellation Insurance to protect yourself…if you may need to cancel your trip for some unforeseen reason. We have no affiliation with TRAVELEX, but you can visit their website at www.travelex-insurance.com for any question or concerns. This is the only way to cover yourself if you need to cancel your vacation.
- All new clients that register for a Trips R Us overnight trip must be interviewed with guardian/staff before they can attend any overnight trip. All of our trips and programs are first come first serve and are limited in how people we can take, so register early to hold your spot.